We ensure consistent and individual care is provided throughout the nursery by using key members of staff in each area. Each child has their own key person.
0-2 yearsRatio 1:3
* Individual needs are met.
* Opportunities for exploration and investigation.
* Areas designed specifically for babies and those more mobile.
* Access to their own garden and covered decking.
* Separate sleep room.
* Separate milk kitchen for preparation of feeds. Milk powder provided for all babies under a year old.
* Fresh vegetables served while on a weaning diet.
2-3 yearsRatio 1:4
* Wide range of experiences and activities suited to this age group which focuses on the child’s independence and overall development.
* Access to a large outdoor garden and covered decking to offer continuous play.
* Two large rooms with a pod catering for the busy toddler. Access to their toilet block.
* Free 15 hours a week childcare in term time for children following their 2nd birthday for qualifying parents.
3-4 yearsRatio 1:8
* We follow the child’s individual interests - with a large choice of experiences. We aim for each child to reach their own potential.
* Large room with ICT, play house, cosy areas etc.
* Easy access to garden, covered decking and toilet facilities.
* Self serve meals to encourage the child’s independence.
* Free 15 hours / week childcare in term time for all children the term after their 3rd birthday.
* Each child is equipped for their transition to school. Visits from several local schools before the child’s transition.